Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Not Fair!

It seems to be a theme lately. My 31/2 year old is very much practicing this concept...and I think I am too.

Mediation brings out the worst in this process. What's really fair when a family splits? Really none of it is. And who's best interest are we looking after anyway?

As I type this, my two tots are battling over a sippy cup that was found on the floor 1/4 full of warm, old water, funky water. It seems at times that I am battling like that as well. Often, I feel like throwing my hands up and saying, "Fine. Take the stinky old sippy cup and let me be...with our kids". Then I realize that standing up for myself is another part of taking care of the kids.

But then I think, it's only funky sippy cup stuff. The nectar of the Gods are a part of me - my beautiful babes.

No comments: