Monday, April 28, 2008

Angels falling from the skies...


...like shooting stars. Like the quiet morning after a snowstorm, where you hear the pods of snow falling off the tree limbs all around you. Poof! There's one... Poof poof! A couple more. They all shower down in waves and I am in the middle of a big one.

Poof! I am letting go and little twinkly surprises are everywhere. Poof! Angels are showing up on my doorstep baring friends for my children, food and wisdom. Poof! Seasoned souls enter who have wise and rich stories to tell of their colorful and imperfect lives. Poof Poof! I receive notice of a gift...a bound edition of comfort to meander through when I need it most. Never won a thing in my life and Poof! I did today.

What is most profound, however, are the inspirational and tragic stories that I have been encountering lately. What is amazing is that in them, I really don't hold on to the tragedy and sadness caught in the trappings of the hardship. I am drawn to the spirit that is deep within. That is what I see in all of these people. Their souls are clear as can be and the beauty of it all just glows. Poof!

I am letting go now of my wallowing. It felt good to marinate in it for a while. But, I am starting to feel pickled, and that just doesn't serve me in the long haul. It takes discipline to not take a seat in the wallowing chair, but in the end I get to see the glow as I practice being still.

I guess it really is true. Hold steady. Let go. Stop the wallowing and just left it unfold. Notice notice notice the truest miracles that are right in front of you.

No comments: