Friday, April 18, 2008

Is there anybody out there???


I found myself scouring the Shutter Sisters website for the biographies of any of their inspiring contributors who could...happen...to be...divorced...with kids...and inspiring.

And, alas, they were all inspiring, fantastic, grateful and happy...with kids....and married. Each and every one of them - I believe.

Now, I don't want to sound bitter, because I don't want to be sounding or feeling that way. I am sad, really, more than anything. But perhaps there is a little bitterness in there.


Each of the women are mindblowingly wonderful - in that "can we just go grab a cup of coffee and really talk forever" kind of way. One of them IS a dear friend and inspiring in every way. And did I mention SHE is married.

And yet, as I read each of the fabulously witty and intelligent blogs, the higher self in me knows...to the core...that we all share the same pain. It just comes packaged different in these little earth suits and scripts we were given here on earth. It all has the same theme really: love in the midst of fear, heartbreak and change. It's all there for everyone really. We just have different paths in getting there.

So, a big part of me is mourning today. Most definitely mourning. But aren't we all in some way?

So how can I honor the sad truth of myself, while rising above the ashes anew? I am doing it in large strides, tiny trips and skips each day. I think I needed to stand still a little tonight and just feel...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Start now: you win. Come see me.